Thank you for your interest in joining the Smart Growth America coalition. Our coalition member organizations work together to build community, improve economies and make neighborhoods great.
What does it mean to be a Smart Growth America coalition member?
Smart Growth America looks to its coalition members for leadership, counsel, and on-the-ground connections. Coalition members are encouraged to actively participate in coalition committees and attend regular phone calls, networking events and Smart Growth America’s annual Lobby Day.
In return, Smart Growth America provides a strong, clear voice at the national level for common policy advocacy, as well as benefits like communication tools, information on federal legislation, research products, and connections to like-minded leaders from across the country. Coalition members agree to support Smart Growth America’s public policy work, share timely information, and undertake common initiatives where possible.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Representation on smart growth issues at the federal level;
- Regular news and updates about state, regional and national smart growth policy;
- Access to a members-only mailing list, listserve and online resources;
- Connections to fellow smart growth advocacy professionals;
- Media and spokesperson opportunities as the local partner for national reports;
- Access to potential funding (for state and local organizations) through national/state campaigns run by Smart Growth America, as well as information about additional funding opportunities;
- Regular coalition calls and annual meetings, as well as other conference calls and trainings focused on various “hot” topics at low or no cost;
- Your business or organization’s name and link posted on the Our Coalition page of Smart Growth America’s website;
- Access to Smart Growth America staff for expert advice, policy information and technical support
- Discounts on event speaking fees for Smart Growth America staff;
- Access to WealthEngine, an online wealth research tool and
screening company that helps nonprofits with fundraising, prospect research and donor identification.
What are the responsibilities of membership?
Smart Growth America looks to its members for leadership, counsel, and on-the-ground connections. Members are encouraged to participate in coalition committees and attend regular phone calls, networking events and Smart Growth America’s annual Lobby Day. Coalition members agree to support Smart Growth America’s public policy work, share timely information, and undertake common initiatives where possible.
Membership dues are charged on a sliding scale, based on your organization’s budget. If smart growth is not the main focus of your organization, dues will be based on the budget for your organization’s smart growth program.
(or smart growth portion)
|Dues amount||Organization Budget
(or smart growth portion)
|$2.5-$5 million||$1,250||Over $5 million||$1,500|