LOCUS is the country’s fastest growing network of smart growth real estate developers and investors, and as a LOCUS member you can become part of this unified voice advocating for smart growth at the federal level. LOCUS members are working to create better opportunities for economically and environmentally sustainable development across the country. LOCUS offers two levels of membership:
Professional Membership is open to real estate developers and development companies interested in promoting walkable urbanism across the country. Benefits of becoming a Professional Member include:
- Free subscription to LOCUS monthly e-newsletter
- Online access to LOCUS Membership Directory
- Access to Smart Growth America’s research and policy publications
- Access to LOCUS Leadership Summit, special events and programs
Annual dues for Professional Members are $1,000.
Steering Committee Membership
The LOCUS Steering Committee is the chief real estate developer advisory group to Smart Growth America. Steering Committee members supply technical expertise to Smart Growth America activities through both standing and ad-hoc task forces.
Membership benefits include all the benefits of professional membership, as well as:
- Serving as a national spokespeople for smart growth development
- Access to key Congressional and Administration officials
- Receive national media and speaking opportunities
- Access to Washington-based technical assistance for LOCUS’ developers sustainable walkable urban projects
If you are interested in joining the Steering Committee, please contact Christopher Coes at ccoes [at] smartgrowthamerica [dot] org.