Each year, Smart Growth America makes a limited number of technical assistance workshops available to interested communities for zero cost. This competitive award gives communities a chance to understand the technical aspects of smart growth development through a one- or two-day workshop.
Applications are now being accepted for our 2016 workshop series. Communities can apply for one of 12 workshop types, including:
- Implementing smart growth 101
- Planning for economic and fiscal health
- Sustainable land use code audit
- Complete Streets
- Using LEED-ND to accelerate the development of sustainable communities
- Walkability workshop/audit
- Regional planning for small communities
- Smart growth zoning codes for small cities
- Transportation performance measurement
- “Cool planning”
- Parking audits
- Implementing transit-oriented development 101
Any unit or subdivision of local government, Indian tribe, or regional government is eligible to apply for these free workshops.
Applicants will be scored based on interest, need, leadership commitment, readiness to implement, and community involvement. Geographic diversity, equity, and past receipt of assistance will also be considered. See full guidelines and scoring information.
Communities may apply for more than one workshop, but must submit separate applications for each. Applications are due by Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:00 PM EDT.